All-SiC modules use a SiC-MOSFET device instead of a Si-IGBT, which strongly reduces the switching losses compared to silicon IGBT modules.
The low losses enable very high switching frequencies, highly efficient power electronic systems and reduce the neccessary cooling effort.
- Significant loss reduction through the use of SiC trench gate MOSFET – 70 % reduction compared to 7th Generation silicon IGBT (X-Series)
- Packages are compatible to conventional Si-IGBT modules
- Low inductance packages
- STD package for high temperature operation (Tjmax 175 °C)
- Smaller passive components due higher switching frequency
- Higher efficiency
- Compact design of application design