Medium Voltage Drives
Medium Voltage: FRENIC4600
The Fuji Electric medium-voltage IGBT inverter FRENIC4600FM5e is used for direct variable-speed control of medium-voltage motors. It greatly raises the efficiency and power factor, stabilizes motor operations and conserves energy.
- Compact design for space saving: One of the industry’s smallest-class inverters, achieved by significant panel size reduction.
- Ideal inverter for power sources and motors: The multi-phase diode rectifier system reduces harmonics on the power source side. Due to the use of Fuji Electric’s unique multi-level PWM control system, the switching surge is reduced and existing motors (standard ones) can be operated.
- High-efficiency and high-power factor: The use of a multi-phase diode, full-wave rectifier provides a high-power factor (95% or more) on the power source. The elimination of output transformers for operation has improved total efficiency (approx. 97%). Fuji Electric’s original multi-level PWM control has reduced the IGBT switching loss.
- High-reliability: Higher equipment reliability is achieved by reducing the number of inverter cells by using a single-phase, 3-level inverter, etc.. Stable operation is maintained despite load fluctuations, by the simple sensor-less vector control function. The control device has a 32-bit MPU for quick response and high-accuracy.
- Contributes to energy saving: A substantial energy saving is achieved by variable-speed control of a square-law reduced torque load such as a fan or pump.
- Easy maintenance: The inverter is air-cooled, requiring no cooling water.
- Touch panel: Start/stop operation, parameter setting, fault display and data monitoring are performed from the touch panel with simple loader functions.
- Auto-tuning functions: Simple, built-in and facilitating testing and adjustment.
- Fault diagnoses: Easily performable.
- Input transformer: A dry-type input transformer is adopted.